Dream #11: "Fragment"

Classification: Type I
Age: Twenty-four years old.

Someone is feeding or serving me something. I am reclining on a "couch" in a "house." (Neither were more distinct than an idea.) A vast door opens in front of me and I see something that is a violation and an affront. (It is formless and chaotic.) I lurch out of my seat to unleash my wrath upon this thing, but I find myself chained with thick chains by both arms. I know that I am chained of my own accord.

Interpretation

The thing I saw beyond the door was unquestionably a psychic object. It even appeared as such within the dream. When I first woke I tried to define or interpret it, but all I could be sure of was that it represented in part the concept of will being obstructed. This is interesting as it is an obstruction of will that prevents me from destroying the object representing obstruction of will. It definitely seems a paradox worthy of the resulting dream, arising from the unconscious. As to the issue of being fed or served while reclining, this is obviously a portrayal of power or dominance, the psyche being mastered and conquered by the will or the ego. This dream merely represents that individuation is not complete; complete mastery of the psyche has not yet occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment