Dream #17: "Anima IV"

Classification: Type III
Age: Twenty-eight

A familiar figure walked through a crowd of shadows. Our eyes met, for an instant, by chance alone. Time dilated, slowed, stopped. The world was continuing, but we were, for that instant, locked into infinite time.

Her eyes captivated and entranced me. I was drawn in. In my mind, the world faded away, and I went deeper, deeper, deeper into those eyes. I was drawn through them, into their depths, into the soul within.

There, an expanse opened, like a universe unfolding from a singularity. I saw visions wrapped within the stars--visions of what was, what is, what might have been. Each vision, each star, represented an aspect of this beautiful, immaculate soul. There to one side I saw strength, to the other purity. Another represented conviction, while yet another, beneficence. As numerous as the stars in the night sky, these aspects spread out to fill the universe.

Then it was ended. The instant passed. The figure lost in the crowd.

Interpretation

As with most of my dreams of the Anima, this one highlighted the ideal features of the feminine aspect; however, unlike recent renditions, this was highly personalized. It also carried with it a distinct "tone" that left me feeling, upon waking, as though it had the narrative style of a message in the process of transmission, intended to be communicated beyond the initial receipt by the bearer. Overall, a very strange experience, and I am not as confident in coming to a singular interpretation of it as I always have felt in prior renditions. The strange thing about the dream was that, even though I was obviously personally present within the dream, it really did not seem afterwards as if I were necessarily related to it; as if it were not really intended for me. I was just an observer, not disconnected, but not relevant either.

No comments:

Post a Comment