Dream #7: "Anima I"

Classification: Type II
Age: Twenty-three years old.

I walk with a faceless girl through a college parking lot. This girl clings to me and I feel repulsed by her. Suddenly, she turns and points into the distance, and crys out a name in excitement. I look, and see a woman "cloathed in the sun," her face the epitome of beauty, her eyes shining with wisdom, knowledge, kindness, grace, and perfect empathy. This figure stands within a white gazebo as though waiting for someone. The faceless girl approaches her and begins to converse as though nothing were unusual about the situation.

My reaction is extremely potent. I become absolutely enraged, a type of rage I have not felt since I was a small child. Two thoughts consume my mind. First, and least important, that the faceless girl with whom I walked should have the sheer audacity to approach the perfect woman as an equal; second, and paramount, that I have been fated to exist together with this odious, faceless woman, and that never in my life will I experience the opportunity of interaction with the perfect woman.

In my rage the previous scene is literally burned away, and I find myself driving along a familiar road. The road leads to Camp Shiloh, a place I attended as a child. I converse cordially with my younger brother concerning the best route to take, but I am distracted by an overwhelming feeling of joyful expectation, for I know that the place I am journeying to shall heal me.


Interpretation:

The symbolism here is quite obvious. The relationship shared with the acquaintance is a mockery compared to that desired with the "Sun Woman," thus the former appears distorted and grotesque.

To be free of this situation, I must remember lessons learned long ago; I must return to my origins and remember who I was before encountering this dilemma. Only then will I be able to achieve peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment